Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel macro not inserting or saving contents of excel file

Rizwan Bashir July 14, 2020

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to insert Excel Macro into a Confluence page. The excel file is attached to the page, and I can see it in the dropdown of the Excel macro.

However, it does not display me a preview of the excel file and on clicking the "insert" button, does not do anything.

Tried looking for solutions online but nothing seems to work.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Carla Ann Rowland
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2020

Is the Excel spreadsheet already attached to the page; if not then upload it and then insert the Excel Macro.

Yes the excel sheet is already attached, and I can see it in the dropdown in the Macro.

However, I cannot see the preview and on clicking "insert" nothing happens.

Carla Ann Rowland
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2020

Clarifying points:

1) How many confluence macros are on this confluence page--- there is a cap. If it is 10 or less then that is not the issue.

2) when setting up the criteria for the Confluence Excel Macro and it does not show the preview of the file then that is an issue. This snap of the insert screen shows configuration of the confluence macro--the preview pane arrows have to be clicked on to load preview. So of below snapshots--what do you see or is it after you publish the confluence page you see nothing?

sample screen shot excel.png

After the criteria of the Confluence macro is complete and grey place holder is displayed until you publish the confluence page (see below)

sample screen shot excel2.png

Thanks for your response. 

It is working now. I was missing the step of clicking the Preview arrows.

Thanks, I will mark it as answered.

Carla Ann Rowland
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 14, 2020

You are welcome! :-)

Ryan Cannata April 15, 2021

Hi Carla, I am also having a similar issue but nothing happens when I click on the Preview arrows or the Insert button

Atlassian Help.PNG

Like Pilar Gonzalez likes this
chris.thomaidis May 14, 2021

I'm also having a similar issue, but nothing happens when I click on the Preview arrows or the Insert button Screenshot 2021-05-14 at 11.57.03.png

3 votes
Ryan Cannata April 15, 2021

Moving to a comment section instead of answer section

Bhumika Dave May 17, 2021

@Ryan Cannata   Same with me. Please help if you have got the resolution. 

@chris.thomaidis 

joseph.r May 25, 2021

@Carla Ann Rowland 

Same issue.  This is on the cloud server.  Does that matter?

No matter how many times I press preview or insert nothing happens.  So I can't get back to the previous screen without pushing cancel which means I can't publish it to see if it works.  Much help needed!

Screenshot 2021-05-25 122030.png

Jason Sommer June 3, 2021

Hey I just stumbled upon this solution!!

I was on the desired page so I left the Page Name empty, selected the file and it worked. 
(IMO, it doesn't look/function how I'd like.. just looks like a Word Doc, so I'll probably scrap this idea)

Like # people like this
chris.thomaidis June 4, 2021

thanks that has worked for me but like you it has now inserted a preview type page similar to a word doc, so not what I was after either compared to how I've seen the macro display excel sheets in video demos. It would be quicker to take a screenshot of the excel worksheet and paste it in the confluence page as a static image

Jason Sommer June 4, 2021

@chris.thomaidis : have you seen my comment?

caliber X July 29, 2021

@Jason Sommerthanks , your solution worked for me.  Leaving the Page Name empty allowed me to attach the xlsx file and then preview it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events