Evaluation matrix score calculations

Laura Cristea January 2, 2023

Hi Community,

I would like to use Confluence to create an evaluation matrix where criteria forms the lines of a table, each with a possible answer of "Yes", "No" or "NA" (Not applicable). Each criteria weights a certain % in the total score. Based on the answers provided, I would like the total score to be calculated.

I found some resources online referencing the HTML macro combined with the use of the Status or Task macros, but was wondering if there is an easier way to achieve this, out of the box or perhaps using a different macro.

Thank you!

2 answers

1 vote
Deepak Rai
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2023

Yes, it is possible to create an evaluation matrix with Confluence. Here's one way you can do this:

1. In Confluence, create a new page or edit an existing one.
  2. Add a table to the page by clicking the "Table" button in the toolbar.
  3. In the first row of the table, enter the criteria names in the first column and the weights in the second column.
  4. In the second row and below, enter "Yes", "No", or "NA" in each cell to indicate the answer for each criteria.
  5. To calculate the total score, you can use the Confluence "Column Sum" macro. To do this, click the "Add" button in the toolbar and select "Other macros." Then, search for and select the "Column Sum" macro.
  6. In the macro editor, select the column containing the weights and click "Insert." This will add a new row to the table that calculates the sum of the weights.
  7. To calculate the total score based on the answers, you can use the Confluence "Calculation" macro. To do this, click the "Add" button in the toolbar and select "Other macros." Then, search for and select the "Calculation" macro.
  8. In the macro editor, enter a formula to calculate the total score based on the answers and weights. For example, you can use the following formula:

=IF(B2="Yes", A2, 0) + IF(C2="Yes", A2, 0) + IF(D2="Yes", A2, 0)

This formula will add the weight for each criteria if the answer is "Yes." Replace "B2", "C2", and "D2" with the cells containing the answers for each criteria. 9. Click "Insert" to add the calculation to the page. The total score will be displayed in the page.

You can also customize the appearance of the table and add more rows or columns as needed.

Laura Cristea January 4, 2023

Thank you Deepak. Unfortunately the macros "Calculation" and "Column Sum" are not available in our instance, neither can I find them on the Confluence marketplace. Would you happen to know whether these are user macros created for your particular instance?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2023

I'm afraid that post was made by a 'bot that does not understand Confluence.  Please ignore it.

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2023

Hi @Laura Cristea and welcome to this community

Something what you want to develop (and a lot more) is certainly possible with our ConfiForms app

Formula fields, among 70+ other field types to choose from. 

Quick examples

Alex

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events