Errors Attaching HTML files and receive "invalid response received from server" error

Laura Lekki September 19, 2019

We recently did an update to Confluence and now cannot attach HTML files to pages.  I have attempted to use HTML files that were attached previously and receive the error "Invalid response received from server".  When downloading the attachment it opens without problem. 

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2019

Laura,

Is it only html files or are other files not attaching?  Are all methods to attach a file not working drag and drop, browse, etc.?  What version did you upgrade from and what are you on?  Are you using a SSO solution?  Is there anything being generated in your error logs?

Laura Lekki September 20, 2019

I have tried drag and drop as well as browsing - with drag and drop I receive the message above - with browse the security feature on our system kicks me out.  We updated to version 6.15.7, build number 8100.

I believe that this is an error with the html document itself - When loading other html documents they load just fine.  

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2019

Since it is a single HTML file what is the difference between it and other files?  Does it have JavaScript in it that could be causing the issue?

Laura Lekki September 23, 2019

I am working with the document author to determine the cause, I will follow up as soon as I have information from them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events