Error when trying to mark tasks as completed

Anna Linnebacher July 26, 2024

Hi there,

I have an issue completing tasks in my Confluence space. 

Interestingly, for the first newer task it works. For two older tasks, I keep getting the error message from the screenshot attached. I've actually had this issue for weeks/months.

Can anyone assist here? 

Error Message Task Saving.png

2 answers

0 votes
Anna Linnebacher August 1, 2024

0 votes
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2024

@Anna Linnebacher 

• Are you marking the task as completed on the page it appears on? The page may have been restricted for you in the meantime. (if this can affect your ability to mark a task?)
  • Are the newer and older tasks on the same page?
  • Have you tried opening your tasks list on the Home page and marking them there?
Anna Linnebacher August 1, 2024

Hey @Barbara Szczesniak 
1) I'm the Admin of the Space, so the page is not restricted. The tasks that can be marked completed are on the same page so can't be a restriction topic.
2) Same page
3) I could mark them completed on the Home page, but they still appear as open on the task summary page of my space :(

Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2024

@Anna Linnebacher Your answer to #3 makes me think this is something that Atlassian Support needs to help you with. I've added what I think is the tag to get their attention on this post, but you may want to open your own support request. 

Like Anna Linnebacher likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 5, 2024

Hello, @Anna Linnebacher

Thanks to @Barbara Szczesniak for flagging this. We'd like to investigate the problem, so I raised a support ticket on your behalf.

Please check your email and approve our data access request, and please reply to the support ticket with:

1. The affected task
  2. A link to the page that contains the task
  3. A link to the space task summary

Thank you for your help!

Shannon S 

Atlassian Cloud Support

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2024

Hi @Anna Linnebacher,

I haven't heard back from you on the support ticket yet. Are you having difficulty accessing it? You can log into https://support.atlassian.com and you should see your ticket listed there.

I'll follow up again with you on the ticket now, so please check your email!

Thank you,

Shannon S

Atlassian Cloud Support

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders