Error 'there was an issue processing the request' when trying to publish updates on a page

Hi, I am getting this error message when I am trying to publish updates on an existing page. Not on all my confluence page but on one specifically.

Even though I created the content on another page (text only) I also got this error after a while using and updating its content.

I can save it but can't publish it... so frustrating.

Any root cause or solution for this?

4 answers

I'm getting the same thing. Some pages are fine, but for one particular one I cannot publish it.

Same here, just one Article.

I have the same problem, only on one page...

Saw a similar discussion about this here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Getting-error-quot-Unable-to-communicate-with-server-Saving-is/qaq-p/27058

But those solutions didn't help. In my case i have no browser plugins and "%"- Signs work just fine. 

I have the same issue with just one page. I click Publish and get this:

Error message when publishing a page.PNG

We are using Confluence server edition version 6.2.0.

Just out of interest, which version are you using?

I am going to submit this as a support request.

We ran into the same issue recently. We think it has something to do with one of the many tables on the page. This is what I did to fix it.

I copied the page to another space. Note, it copied the version without the change we were trying to make.

I made the changes and saved the new page.

I deleted the content on the original page.

I then copied the source code from the new page to the old page and was able to save it.

We still haven't figured out what the issue is/was.  We are using the server version of Confluence.

Our page also had several tables.

We raised this as an issue with Atlassian but it never really got anywhere. It was left that we would contact them if it happened again. It hasn't yet! So I guess it is a fairly obscure bug.

0 vote

I removed @ mentions which were linked to deleted accounts and then I could publish changes.  Additionally, I am going to try the below prior to deleting any account with published Confluence content:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-change-the-creator-of-a-page-720830744.html

Hi Timothy,

I was the creator of the page that we had this error occur. We didn't have any mentions on the page. We have determined it has something to do with the multiple tables and maybe text boxes, in our case. We haven't spent any time trying to troubleshoot as it has only happened twice on two different pages in the same space. Glad you were able to correct your issue!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,775 views 26 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you