Error importing Word DOCX file

Stephen Kairys March 4, 2016

Hi,

On Confluence v5.5.2. When I try to import a Word DOCX file via Office Connector, I see the following error:

The following error(s) occurred:

• The selected file is not a valid binary Word 97-2003 document

From what I understand, this issue was fixed in v3.1.

Can anyone suggest a workaround or other resolution? Thanks!

Steve

4 answers

1 vote
NotTheRealStephenSifersNOPENOPENOPENOPE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2016

Stephen,

Are you by chance using office 2013?

This may help: https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf52/editing-an-office-presentation-from-confluence-401441748.html

CONFIGURATION MATRIX

You need one of the following software combinations to edit Office files from your wiki page:

Operating System

Office Version

Browser

• Windows 7,
  • Windows Vista, or
  • Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or 3
  • OpenOffice 2.x – 3.x, or
  • Microsoft Office XP, 2003, 2007 or 2010
  • Internet Explorer 8.x – 9.x, or
  • Firefox – latest stable version
  • Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6
  • Firefox – latest stable version
  • Linux
  • OpenOffice 2.x – 3.x 
    The only known supported Office editor for Linux is OpenOffice. But in theory it should work with any WebDAV-aware application.
  • Firefox – latest stable version

0 votes
Stephen Kairys March 7, 2016

Let me get back to you. On a tight deadline this evening. Btw I mis-stated my version it was 5.4.3. Thanks.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2016

Glad I could help, if the answer below is correct please mark it so.

Answers marked correct help others when asking the same question.

Thanks!

0 votes
Stephen Kairys March 4, 2016

Stephen S,

Thank you for your quick response!

I have

• Office 2016
  • Windows 10
  • Chrome browser

Seems that the above table is outdated as it goes only up to Win7 and does not mention Chrome...or...is Chrome not supported?

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 4, 2016

Correction:

Chrome is supported as far as confluence, but your version of office is not. And the version of office may be where your problem is.

Chrome does NOT support the built in edit function of office applications. Only IE and Firefox will support that within windows.

Stephen Kairys March 5, 2016

Hi, Sorry for the delayed response...I was locked out from posting more for a while, unless I earned points.

Two follow-ups:

1. Please clarify what you mean by "the built-in edit function of Office applications."
  2. Are you saying that Word DOCX files created with Word 2016 do not work, while docs created with 2013 do work? Does the document header contain the Word version#?

Thanks.

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2016

Stephen,

Please reference my note below for supported office applications and your version of confluence.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events