Encryption and security

Jasmine Dhillon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 26, 2011

Hi there

I am currently looking at various options for Knowlede sharing in my organisation which needs all its data to be encrypted/super secure. What are the security measures of Confluence as to say Intralinks or PGP? Is the secuirty comparable?

2 answers

2 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2011

Confluence is ideal for paranoia-free organizations. The entire philosophy of Altassian is centered around the idea of openness (mind, business and software alike). Confluence is all about collaboration and it's for people who have not much too hide - not naked, though.

Vitaly above is right, but in my opinion you should revise your security concerns versus the need for collaboration and see if Confluence really fits you.

1 vote
VitalyA July 27, 2011

Jasmine,

The products you mention are for data transfer rather than content management, so comparison is not possible.

Confluence does not encrypt stored content. More information on Confluence security is available here -

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+Security

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events