Embedding a PowerPoint Presentation with a hyperlink

Sachin Mathur April 6, 2022

Hi,

I plan to have a table for multiple presentations and would like to only include a hyperlink (text) for each presentation. On clicking the hyperlink, the viewer should be able to access the embedded presentation.

Capture.PNG

I'm able to attach the pptx files to the page, but unable to use a hyperlink. I believe the hyperlink is reserved for only linking pages. The macro for PPT files doesn't seem to address this usecase.

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2022

@Sachin Mathur Welcome to Confluence Cloud. 

I think I can help but would like to clarify what you are looking to accomplish. Is it that the hyperlink should take the user to another page in Confluence where the embedded .ppt file is viewed? This would require that .ppt file to be an attachment anywhere in Confluence that is then embodied in the page through the PPT Macro.

If this is what you are looking to do, please let me know and I can post a guide on how to accomplish it. If not, please clarify so I can assist.

Thanks! 

Sachin Mathur April 6, 2022

Thanks Andy.

Yes, upon clicking the link, a page should open with the PPT with a < > on the right bottom to advance the slides (below).

Capture.PNG

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2022

What you will need to do to accomplish this is:

1. Upload your PowerPoint documents into Confluence. They can be an attachment on any page, but best practice is to attach them to the page they will be used on.
  2. Insert the /ppt macro on the page you want the PowerPoint to be displayed on.
  3. Use the /link macro in your table to hyperlink to the page that the PowerPoint is on. 

It's pretty simple and a repeatable process.

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2022

@Sachin Mathur I hope your Atlassian journey has been fruitful! Please let me know if my answer assisted you. If it did, please click on the Accept Answer button so others looking for similar assistance can find it in the future.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events