Embed google docs

joanabrandao February 1, 2022

Hello,

I have installed the Google Drive for Confluence and once I hit the Insert button it is not displayed the option to insert a google doc on the confluence page. Have un-installed and re-installed the app, cleared the cache got the same result. Any tips to overcome this issue?

Thank you.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
shaderpixel February 3, 2022

There has been some changes to how documents can be embedded from Google Drive starting February 2022. Please take a look at this KB doc: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/Deprecation-of-Google-Drive-and-One-Drive-macros-1108685493.html

Hopefully that is the answer you are looking for. According to support, this app (Google Drive for Confluence) is only needed if you are using the Legacy Editor.

shaderpixel February 5, 2022

Just a note, you don't get the formatting or formula toolbars with this method of embed. I started a feature request that you can vote on to get this feature in the works: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-73508

Another way of embed that allows you to get the toolbars is through the /iframe method, but you will have to specify a 100% width and a set pixel height for the iframe to be usable.

0 votes
kate_brenden December 9, 2022

I had a similar issue. Mine was fixed when I changed my browser (chrome) to allow 3rd party cookies. 

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2022

Hi @joanabrandao 

Welcome to the Community!!

Are you able to see these options?

C1.png

Authenticating will get you files you have access to

C2.png

Thanks,
Pramodh

Hi Pramodh, how are you?

thanks for the warm welcome. 
Unfortunately, i can not see that! but I have the google drive app on my account and some of my other colleagues can do it. Can you help me with that?

Best.
Like Tevin Manuel likes this
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2022

Install Google Drive for Confluence with 3.4k Installations. You should surely get it!!

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1216484/google-drive-docs-for-confluence?hosting=cloud&tab=pricing

I have installed on my account already and used it before.

Now, is not available any longer. can you have a look at my account, please?

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2022

I don't have access.

Can you try uninstalling and installing it again?

If you have used the trial already, you should check with the vendor!!

I did that. That is why I'm reaching out. DO you confirm that any available app has a cost?

thanks. 

Tevin Manuel February 1, 2022

I am experiencing the same issue. The connector has been installed for several months and now I cannot use it for new documents. The Microsoft OneDrive app is having the same issue.

Like joanabrandao likes this
Tevin Manuel February 4, 2022

@joanabrandao The link from @shaderpixel helped solve the issue.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events