Email Notifications don´t stop

Tristan Jochner October 11, 2018

Hallo, 

Our company is new to the confluence world. I have a problem. I am the overall admin I enabled all notifications but I still receive information about every step another user is doing.  

Is there a possibility to turn them completely off? 

I already did all mentioned in the how-to sections. 

Thank you 

1 answer

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 15, 2018

Hello, Tristan.

What I understood here is that you would like to reduce the amount of email notifications that you are receiving on your end. Please let me know if I understand that correctly.

Let us have a look at your personal email configuration on Confluence itself. Can you provide me with the screen shot of the preference you have on your end? For example, mine looks like this:

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 15.07.28.png

Did you enable all the checklist or have it limited to specific notifications only?

Tristan Jochner October 15, 2018

Unbenannt.png

Tristan Jochner October 15, 2018

I enabled everything an I received 10 emails from my colleague on Thursday for example. We are testing it right now and I see almost every move he is doing. Attached the screenshot f the emails I get. 

Unbenannt.png

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 15, 2018

Hello, Tristan.

Thank you for the clarification. The email notifications should honor the configurations you have set on your profile. So, it is an unexpected behavior for you to continue receiving the notifications even when all checkboxes are unticked.

• Do you observe this behavior on other users as well?
  • I noticed that the email shows specifically the actions performed by Tobias. Do you also see the actions performed by other users too?
  • Is this happening on specific spaces?
  • Do you own the Wissensmanagement space?

Keep me posted.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events