Editor not working using remote computer, turned off Firewall, still not working

Pierre-Luc Morais March 26, 2018

The editor is working locally, it was working for the past week remotely (LAN & VPN) as I had punched the firewall 8090.  I cannot load the editor on anything else than localhost & IP on the Confluence Server (running Win10 Ver 1709 Build 16299.309)  & Windows defender.

Was working, now it is not.  I tried restarting the service and set a flag to false synchoronisity something using xml file on Application Data...

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2018

Hi Pierre,

It is interesting that the editor formerly worked from other computers but now only works when accessed on the server.

• Did anything change around the time the editor began to fail? For example, was a proxy or SSL added or anti-virus installed?
  • Is it possibly an issue with an IIS proxy on the Windows server? I ask because you bypass the proxy and firewall when you use the browser on the local machine.
  • Please see  Confluence 6.0 specific notes on Proxying Atlassian server applications with Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
  • Does the editor work from a remote computer when Windows Defender is disabled?

I am not sure which flag you set in what file based on your description.

• Please link the documentation in which the Synchrony setting is recommended to help me understand.

Thanks,
Ann

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events