Editor markup insert is totally broken

Mike April 8, 2022

Hello, the markup insert is totally dead today, I'm okay with the broken preview but the insert function should unless be working

3 answers

0 votes
Chris McEvoy April 20, 2022

A workaround has been identified that will allow you to continue to insert wiki markup. The workaround is to use the keyboard shortcut instead of the menu item as this bypasses the dialog box that is broken.

0 votes
Chris McEvoy April 19, 2022

I have got the same problem when I edit pages in Confluence Cloud using the legacy editor. The preview has never worked, but when you pasted your markup into the box and clicked on the insert button the page was updated. Now when you click the Insert button nothing happens.

I automatically generate a lot of confluence content using markup which I then paste into confluence pages using this method, but as this now appears to be completely broken in cloud I will have to look at publishing this material in another form (e.g. Word Documents in Sharepoint Online).

This is a real shame as we produce some really useful content that is easily discoverable in Confluence but I do not want to have to buy another plug-in to provide this basic capability.

conf wiki markup 1.PNG

conf wiki markup 2.PNG

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2022

@Mike 

Markup is not supported as of now in the new editor

Here's the ref 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-65756

Thanks,

Pramodh

Mike April 8, 2022

We are not using the new editor, but it's still broken

is there any alternative?

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2022

@Mike 

If you are using old editor, you should be able to see the option for inserting markdown macro

Please check whether the page you are editing is new editor or the old one

You also have an option to insert the markdown content in new editor with add-on 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215703/markdown-extensions-for-confluence?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

Thanks

DJ April 11, 2022

Hey @Mike 

Since you were interested in alternatives, I thought I'd through a link out to this addon/plugin that you might find interesting...

We wrote it because we wanted to author our content in markup, and couldn't find something that suited our diverse team.

Give it a spin if you like!

Alt Text Editor

Cheers,

DJ

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events