Editing the group permissions do not modify the existing space permissions

sn July 27, 2018

Hi all,

Confluence 5.10 server users. we plan to upgrade very soon but i have a question for now. we did not provide "Delete" page permission to all our users initially since it will allow them to delete other user pages.

Now that our users are familiar with the tool, we would like them to have the option of moving pages between spaces. i changed the "Confluence-users" group permission but the changes are not reflected to already existing spaces. i can see the new spaces being created with the new permissions. 

For now, i'm modifying the group permission in each space as a work around but we have almost 80+spaces and that is not efficient way.

Is this expected ? is this feature available in a later version ?

thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2018

It sounds like you edited the default space permissions? Those permissions are applied when you create a space only. They are not reapplied to existing spaces. Unfortunately you will probably need to manually make the change. 

sn July 27, 2018

Exactly ! i did edit the default space permissions.  bummer !  it would be very helpful to bulk change the permissions at group level and have them applied to all spaces ( like JIRA ).

is there a feature request for this ? i would like to vote on it.

thanks for the quick response Davin !

bhangad singh July 29, 2018

Got my resolutions too. thanks a lot @Davin Studer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events