Editing size of photos

Taylor Whitfield November 27, 2018

Since the new update, I haven't been able to figure out how to edit photo sizes in Confluence - they're all huge! It used to be a bar below the uploaded photo. Now there doesn't seem to be size or edit options. 

4 answers

1 vote
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2018

Hi, Taylor.

Since you are on Confluence Cloud, I tested this on my end and confirmed that the images uploaded is resizable as per the following screen shot below:

Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 13.42.22.png

Can you confirm if this is what you are not seeing on your Confluence page? If you are referring to something else, can you please provide more details on the steps that I need to perform on my end? Thanks.

Gina Palombit May 12, 2021

This is the legacy editor. How do you adjust the size of a photo by pixel width in the new editor?

0 votes
Taylor Whitfield December 20, 2018

Thanks, Ahmad. I commented on the ticket but it looks like it's not assigned to anyone and was filed all the way back in April. Any suggestions for getting it bumped up in priority? Definitely not the most urgent, but maybe in the next few months? 

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2018

Hello again, Taylor.

I noticed that you have commented on it 3 days ago. While I do not have clarity on the bug fixing roadmap in Confluence Cloud, I will reach out to the development team internally to verify if they will have it assigned in the next couple of months. Thanks for the feedback!

0 votes
Taylor Whitfield December 10, 2018

Hi Ahmad, 

A new menu has appeared, but there's no option to adjust the size, only wrapping. 

Screenshot 2018-12-10 at 3.28.52 PM.png

Does that help explain what I'm seeing? The update I'm talking about was sort of a design refresh, where the logo changed and the search function is now on the left hand side. 

Thanks, 

Taylor

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
December 10, 2018

Hi, Taylor.

Thanks for checking in. I performed a research and verified that there is a bug ticket raised to address this concern to the dev team on the behavior that the user are experiencing on the editor:

Please add yourself as a watcher to the ticket above to ensure that you stay up to date with the progress of it. Feel free to share the thoughts that you have as well so the team can gather feedbacks around this. 

0 votes
Taylor Whitfield November 28, 2018

Hey Ahmad, thanks for getting back to me. 

Yes, that's what I used to see! But then we got a new update and now it looks like this, with no edit bar pop-up below the photo. Is it something on my browser? Screenshot 2018-11-28 at 6.33.42 PM.png

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
November 29, 2018

Hi, Taylor.

You are most welcome. That is indeed strange. Moving forward, let us dive deeper into this behavior:

• While it could potentially be related to the browser that you are using, can you please try to reproduce it on a different browser if you have any other installed on your machine?
  • Additionally, can you please try to reproduce it in the incognito mode in Google Chrome / private browsing in Safari or Firefox to determine if it is actually related to the browser / browser add-on you have installed?
  • Did you check with other team members who might run into the same issue?
  • Since you mentioned that this issue occurred after the new update, can you explain a bit more on what specific update you were referring to?
  • Have you observed this behavior in every space that you have permission to?
  • What specific type of image did you upload to the Confluence page ? .jpg / .png or any other formats?
  • Is this issue happening when you create new pages and editing existing pages?

I would like to gather as much information as possible to see if you might be affected by the new changes that is coming to Confluence Cloud that is highlighted in the Confluence Editing Improvements, specifically under the Temporarily missing features and workarounds - explicit image sizing.

Once you confirm on the answers to the questions above, I will also double check with the Cloud team on this matter. Thanks, Taylor!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events