I recently went through a laborious upgrade and succeeded upgrading Confluence 3.5.13 to 5.1.2. This was an incremental upgrade as advised in the documentation.
Happily, everything works and my Confluence is setup to work with our crowd server.
My only problem is editing a page. When I click on the Edit button inside a page, the redirection takes some time and goes to http://<OUR-DOMAIN>/pages/undefined (Page Not Found).
What is awkward is that if I RIGHT-CLICK on the Edit button and paste the url (<OUR-DOMAIN>/pages/editpage.action?pageId=<9999999>, I go to the editor and everything is great. I can also edit this url: <OUR-DOMAIN>/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=<9999999> and replace 'view' by 'edit' and it still works. CTRL-CLICK-ing (opening in a new window) on the Edit button is also OK.
I looked at my confluence logs, there are no logging when I get redirected to http://<OUR-DOMAIN>/pages/undefined.
I looked at my network monitor and notices that there are google analytics http requests before this error but I doubt
this has anything to do with it.
Any help is greatly appreciated, I spent a lot of time trying to fix it but had no luck.
It's not a bug. Another customer had the same problem, and for them, it turns out to be a google analytics script in their Confluence Admin >> Custom HTML . Removing it fixed the issue. For some, the script might be in a custom layout in Confluence Admin >> Layouts. Changing the theme to Documentation theme resets these customizations, which is why it worked.
We had the same issue! It turns out our tracking code script was out of date. Once we copied over the new script, it worked! Here is the guide on how to get the Google Tracking Code https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1008080?hl=en. Hopefully that will work for some of you!
Hi, just in case have you tried doing a reindex to Confluence?
And maybe has something to do with this:
Thanks Ramiro, I tried the re-indexing but no luck. In the Network monitor output I see this error:
AJS.Rte.getEditor() is null
After some Google-ing most people identify the Play SQL plugin to be the cause of the above error but I don't have it! Besides, if the error was in the indexing, pasting the proper 'editpage' url would still not work which it does in my case.
Strangly, the problem seems to be related to the "Global Look and Feel" theme!! In our case, changing the theme from the above to "Documentation Theme" solves the problem; you can click on the Edit button and the page becomes editable.
Thanks again for the reponse.
The error in Chrome is the following:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'setDirty' of null AJS.Rte.Content.editorResetContentChanged AJS.Rte.BootstrapManager.initialise (anonymous function)
I have no idea how to resolve this problem and changing the theme of all our pages is not acceptable!
I hope somebody has a solution forn this annoying bug.
This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.Read more
Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs