Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit MS-Office files not possible

Albert Knill March 31, 2022

Hello together
We use Confluence Cloud. Since 31.03.22 the option of edit is no longer available for the attached files. I am admin and have access to everything including Jira.

- Does anyone know when these will be available again?
- Does anyone know why they were removed? Unfortunately, this is not the first time.

Thank you very much for your support. Greetings from Switzerland.Edit-Button-1.pngEdit-Posib-1.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 06.04.2022:

As I have learned, there will no longer be a possibility to get a direct exchange between Atlassian & Microsoft in the future. The reason is that Microsoft wants to go its own way.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 answers

3 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kevin Batson April 4, 2022

Does anyone have an add on that can provide this service?

Albert Knill April 4, 2022

I have searched in the apps. Unfortunately, I haven't found anything that comes close. It is difficult for me to understand why this was done. Downloading the file, editing it and then uploading it again is something I don't like. The users don't think about deleting the old download file.... (1)... (2).. .etc..

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kevin Batson April 4, 2022

We were also using this and was used for our Document control. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matti Ilvonen April 4, 2022

This is taken from Atlassian's documentation

The Companion app will be removed from Confluence at the end of March 2022. You won’t be able to edit files using the app after that date. 

Our organization also used this feature and it was super helpful. I am looking for an alternative solution now. I am disappointed.

Albert Knill April 4, 2022

Thank you for your information.

If you find something, can you let me know? Our whole interpretation of the documents in Confluence is based on these possibilities.

Thanks

Like Kevin Batson likes this
1 vote
Mark de Bont [Terberg] December 29, 2022

Only solution seems to use  a 3rd party add-on like this : https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211160/goedit-simply-edit-attachments?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

(not affiliated with this add-on vendor ;-)

Floris van der Bijl September 15, 2023

Works very well, thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events