Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Button not showing up

Rudy March 30, 2022

Hello,

I have already checked previous threads on the matter (there are many!), but none was able to solve my issue.

I have been given permission to edit a specific pace on Confluence (Cloud). This is what I see on that specific page:

confluence.png

But the EDIT button nor a pencil icon are showing up. I tried the "e" keyboard shortcut, but still the same.

Immagine 2022-03-30 151138.jpg

Do you have any hint on how to "fix" this? I tried everything (clear data, change browser etc), but nothing.

I am not an advanced user with Confluence, this is actually the first time using it. If there are some higher permissions to be granted, could you please tell me which specific one (so I can fwd the info to our admins).

Thank you!

2 answers

0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2022

Hi @Rudy ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

This indeed seem to be permissions issue. I think the problem is, that you don't have write permission on the space.

The restrictions on a page can not overrule the space permissions.

Check out the documentation for space permissions.

I hope the above information helps. Have a good day.!

Thanks,

Srinath T

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2022

Hi @Rudy , welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Are you able to check if there are restrictions on the parent page of the current page?

Also, please ask your Space Administrator if you have Add Page permission for this space.

Thanks to accept this answer if it resolved your issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events