Easy way to add exact 'time stamp' to Status Update?

Todd McKnight October 17, 2011

Right now, Confluence uses a twitter-like time stamp for the Status Updates, things like:

• 29 minutes ago
  • about two hours ago
  • yesterday at 5pm
  • October 14

Would like to add the actual time stamp to that so it would be like

• 29 minutes ago (1:45pm, Oct 16, 2012)

or something like that. Looks like the dbase has the time stamp, just need to find the code. Anyone have any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2011

If you are comfortable customising the source code directly, the class you want to edit is com.atlassian.confluence.core.datetime.FriendlyDateFormatter.

thanks Joseph. Will give it a shot and report back :)

Hmm, which file is it? Thanks!

root@host [/var/tomcat]# find . -exec grep "com.atlassian.confluence.core.dateti 
me.FriendlyDateFormatter" '{}' \; -print

Binary file ./confluence/webapps/confluence/plugins-osgi-cache/transformed-plugins/confluence-rest-plugin-4.0_1316137166000.jar matches
./confluence/webapps/confluence/plugins-osgi-cache/transformed-plugins/confluence-rest-plugin-4.0_1316137166000.jar

Binary file ./confluence/webapps/confluence/plugins-osgi-cache/transformed-plugins/confluence-space-directory-4.0_1316137282000.jar matches
./confluence/webapps/confluence/plugins-osgi-cache/transformed-plugins/confluence-space-directory-4.0_1316137282000.jar

root@host [/var/tomcat]#

found it, duh... I'm a php guy, this java stuff is new to me.

\Confluence 4\confluence-4.0\confluence\WEB-INF\lib\confluence-4.0\com\atlassian\confluence\core\datetime

working on best way for edits now. more learning curve.

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2011

Awesome, glad you found it (sorry I didn't reply straight away - was out of the office).

Just give a holler if you get stuck on anything!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events