ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT from different PCs at different times

Gerds
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 5, 2023

Hi All

We have an extremely odd issue that I am yet to figure out what is going on.

Confluence stops working for all users at different times than each other on different browsers but will work if you try a different browser or use incognito.

For example, I use Chrome and when I first start my PC it will work for a random amount of time and then stop working with ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT and I switch to firefox where it works just fine. This also happens to everybody else but NOT at the same time as eachother and NOT only Chrome. Some people use Firefox and then switch to Chrome to get it working. Some use Edge and switch to Firefox to get it working.

Any help will be appreciated!!

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2023

@Gerds How is your server setup, are you using a reverse proxy?  Linux or Windows? Are you seeing anything odd in the logs?

Gerds
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 5, 2023

Windows Server with Confluence Server joined to Active Directory with DNS, with records pointing to our confluence server. No reverse proxy.

I had a look at the logs but I'm not too sure and what I should be looking for.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2023

@Gerds I would check a couple of things.  

1. Work with your network team to make sure that your routing is setup correctly and traffic is flowing as it should.  If you have Splunk then they can monitor this for you.  If you do not have that you could try wireshark when the error occurs.  
  2. Check the Windows Server logs to see if you are having any errors, specifically connection errors.   
  3. You can also check the browsers developer tools when the error is happening to see what issue the browser is having 504 or 404.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events