Draw chart using dates and grouping rows by value

razor78 January 17, 2023

I have a table of cars where each row represents a separate car and one of the columns will have a date in it to represent when the car is ready.  I would like a bar chart to show how many cars are planned to be ready on each date.  Here's an example, let me know if you need more information!  Many thanks,

| Car | Planned Date |

| ford | 2023/01/18 |

| MG | 2023/01/18 |

| Merc | 2023/01/20 |

The chart's Y axis should show 3 (3 car makes) and the X axis should show 18 and 20.  The graph bars should be 2 and 1, i.e. "2" for 2 x cars on the 18th (ford and MG) and 1 for 1 x car on the 20th.

The goal is to look at the chart and to quickly see how many cars are planned for each date. 

I'm using Atlassian version 7.19.0 

1 answer

2 votes
Katerina Rudkovskaya _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 18, 2023

Hi @razor78,

We can suggest trying our app – Table Filter and Charts for Confluence. Create the following macro sequence (directly if your hosting is Data Center/Server or via the Table Toolbox macro if you are on Cloud):

Wed 8-1.png

Use the Pivot Table macro to group your entries by dates:

Wed 8-2.png

If necessary, filter the empty dates out with the help of the Table Filter macro:

Wed 8-3.png
Create the required chart using the Chart from Table macro:

Wed 8-4.png

razor78 January 18, 2023

thanks for the help, I see this is a premium macro (i.e. costs money)?  Is it possible to do it without additional costs?

Thanks,  

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 18, 2023

You may use the standard Chart macro but the data in your source table should be aggregated beforehand.

What concerns our app, it's free for Cloud 1-10 users.

Like # people like this
razor78 January 20, 2023

thanks for your help, can you provide an example of the aggregated approach?

thank you

Marketplace Partner
January 20, 2023

Hi, here I meant manual aggregation - just count the number of cars for each date manually and then visualize the data using the standard Chart macro. There are no any standard Confluence macros to group tabular data automatically.

razor78 January 24, 2023

ok thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events