Double Dutch Pages // Confluence Cloud glitch...???

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2020

Creating a new Space...

Recently I created a new Space. I did all the standard actions and everything went according to plan.

What did not go according to plan was the Dutch titled pages I had after creation. It was inexplicable. Whilst I work in the Netherlands, I've never experienced this before (or since) when creating a Space. Potverdikkie!!

DoubleDutch_01.jpg

Modifying that Space...

What is then really strange is that I thought to myself... "Huh, I need it in English" and so changed all the Page titles.... but THIS then resulted in some duplicates. EH!?!? And the duplicates are suddenly in English... Double-EH!?!?!?!?!?

DoubleDutch_02.jpg

Any ideas?

Potentially just an odd bug in a fleeting moment, but really intrigued if anyone has ideas on this? Maybe there is something deeper going on...??

[Been through our settings in great detail.... everything is definitely set to English. Happy to share more info if required.]

1 answer

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2020

Hi Andy,

Thank you for pointing this out. Happy to help troubleshoot.

Can you let me know if you used a specific Blueprint or template to create the space? I want to follow the exact steps you took to see if I can replicate it. Please also let me know how you changed the title of the pages. I assume you just went in and manually edited the title but if there's any difference please let me know.

Does the same occur no matter which space template you use?

Lastly, is any aspect of your instance set to Dutch? i.e. would Blueprints be defaulting to Dutch for any reason? Or is it only your location in your browser that might be doing that?

Regards,

Shannon

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2020

Great stuff @Shannon S ! I did have a specific (simple) way of creating this... i'll do it again tomorrow and give you the exact steps.

Plus answer all your questions in more detail.

If you want I can also raise a Ticket, approve Data Access and then you can have a snoop around our Blueprints! 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2020

Hey there, 

No worries, take your time and send the details when you have a chance. I'll see if I can figure out what's going on here, and if we need some logs or anything more specific to your site, I'll go ahead and raise a support ticket for you.

Take care,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events