Does Confluence REST API's space endpoint has any field for last modified date ?

Praveen Kukreja January 24, 2023

I want to fetch the last updated timestamp of spaces. I am fine either the last updated time of any content in space or the last updated time of the space. As long as this timestamp is present in the API response of 'space' endpoint it will be fine. 

I tried to expand every field in the API  for spaces `/rest/api/space` but I am not able to find the updated at time of spaces. 

I am expecting this since the content endpoint `/rest/api/content` does have an expandable field `

history.lastUpdated` that serves the purpose. 

Can you point where is the field similar to `lastUpdated` in spaces endpoint ?

1 answer

0 votes
Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2023

Hi @Praveen Kukreja this discussion on the developer community for Confluence Server indicates there is no expandable history option for the `/rest/api/space` endpoint. That discussion was for the Server version so you might want to double check the API documentation to see if that's the same for Cloud.

They also state they were able to pull the last modified date using this query:

http://localhost:8090/rest/api/search?cql=space.key=MYSPACE+AND+type=space

But again that may need to be modified for Cloud.

Praveen Kukreja January 24, 2023

Thanks a ton! @Connor . I guess the answer you pointed will work.

Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2023

You're welcome @Praveen Kukreja :) 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events