Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documents - Show as LINK vs THUMBNAIL

Ernie December 20, 2019

I'm not getting the option to show as link once I upload a document. And it's only showing as thumbnail.

This is happening for new pages ONLY, pages added before the last update still have the option to show as thumbnail or link.

2 answers

0 votes
Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2021

Yet another feature REMOVED. Atlassian and Spotify are the only two software companies I know of that remove more features than they add.

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2020

Hello Ernie,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to have you.

The new editor is still missing some features that were included in the old version of the editor. You can find a list of some of these features from our Confluence Cloud Editor Roadmap.

In this case, the ability to link to an attachment as text is logged here:

By using the Attachments macro, you will be able to obtain the URL of an attachment, and link text to that by pasting the link into the Link Macro.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Regards,

Shannon

Jasmine.Hatherly January 8, 2020

HI Shannon, this is helpful - thanks!

Do you know if the ability to show a link as text will be returning at all?]

Thanks

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2020

Hi Jasmine,

According to the roadmap page above, it is on the short-term backlog at this moment. Please watch the feature request I sent you above and you can be updated when there is any progress.

Regards,

Shannon

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events