Document approval workflow

Ralf Steinhäusser April 26, 2021

I am new to Confluence and am trying to determine if it suits our demands.

I need to have an approval-workflow for documents.

That means that someone writes an e.g. specification document. When finished, he can't directly publish the document (or the changes he made to an existing document), but a few different people (e.g. project manager, Q and RA) review the document. Only after all  required people confirm the changes, the document is released with the changes.

How do I achieve that in Confluence?

Thanks!

R.

3 answers

1 vote
Iga Popławska August 31, 2022

Hi @Ralf Steinhäusser 

You can also check the Approval Path for Confluence app. You can set an approval path definition and start it on your confluence page.

I hope it will be helpful!

Iga.

1 vote
James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2021

Hi @Matt Reiner _K15t_ thanks for the recommendation! Appreciate it :)

@Ralf Steinhäusser it does sound like Comala Document Management could be an option for you to implement the approval workflow you require. You can trial the app for free from the Atlassian Marketplace.

You may also be interested in our webinars - both live and recorded that give a great introduction in to the app capabilities.

Finally, if you have any specific questions, please do not hesitate to contact our friendly support team at https://support.comalatech.com.

All the best

James
Senior Product Manager

1 vote
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 26, 2021

Hi @Ralf Steinhäusser

The Comalla Document Management app will help you set up this kind of workflow and publishing restrictions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events