Do you know what could cause the left-side bar to display cascaded for only one user?

Kate Peterson May 30, 2021

The left-side bar displays incorrectly for one user and it only does this in one site.  Rather than  top-level items being left-justified, they are cascade (like a staircase) so that top-level items are indented.  After the first item in the sidebar is displayed  the second one is indented and the third one is indented further and so on,  Only the first item is readable as they cascade out of the sidebar area.  I will try to get a screenshot from the user, but this issue is driving me crazy.

4 answers

1 vote
Tomas Grover
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 31, 2024

I have recently seen the same error.
Does anyone have a solution for it?

We tried so far:

• Logout and re login
  • Clear user cache browser

No luck on both.

Thanks in advance.

1 vote
Jake Reisenbichler January 26, 2023

I've been experiencing this same issue for a long time.

Here is an image.

ConfluenceCascade.png

1 vote
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2021

Hi @Kate Peterson , 

Yes screenshot would be nice to see since it is hard to imagine what is wrong. Anyway did they user tried a different browser? Is he able to check how the page is displaying on a different computer? Maybe he is using some third party tools and it causing some issues (like Adblock or something like that? )

Kate Peterson May 31, 2021

Yes, she has tried both Edge and Chrome.  I am going to try to get a screenshot.  I could her about if she is using third party tools, but it is in a government office were we don't install anything (it is done for us) so it should be a standard configuration. Thanks for the suggestion though.  I could have her try it on another computer if she can use her smart card on it.

0 votes
Hopitaux Robert Schuman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 18, 2024

I have exactly the same problem in Chrome but not in Edge. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events