Display and Edit data in a table

David MacDougall
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 19, 2018

I am only a Confluence User not an Admin, although I can request the admin to install things on my behalf.

I am creating data in an external application, which is currently being exported as csv and used in Excel.

The client just added 40 users to the system, and they need to be able to read, edit and save the data. Some of the fields I generate are blank for their input.

I've been asked to do this on Confluence pages, but I'm not sure it is possible.  Everything I have found suggests I can view data from various sources, but I cannot find anything which would allow me to edit and save it back.

There are no databases involved, but I am looking for ways to do this with either files or a BitBucket repo perhaps, pushing and pulling data from various users.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, give any indications if this is possible, or whether I am trying to do the wrong thing with the wrong tool?

Thanks for your help.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2018

David,

I'm a bit unclear on the issue here. If you want users to edit an Excel file, you can attach it to the page and then anyone with permissions can edit the file in Office.

See Edit Office Files for more information.

Can you have a look at that and let me know if it answers your question, or if you can give a more detailed explanation of what you require?

Shannon

David MacDougall
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 19, 2018

Hi Shannon,

The problem is that I am saving csv files.  This is not an Excel file, although Excel can open them. Its plain text with fields separated by commas.  I don't want to have to open them all in Excel and then save the Excel file, then upload it as an attachment. There will be 40+ users, each looking at different versions of an Excel workbook containing 7 worksheets each, being updated every day. This is why I am looking to automate it.

Thanks

Dave

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events