Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Display Code without line Numbers

Hi, I am looking for a way to display logs, json or simple shell commands in a block, but however without any line numbers that the code feature gives.

Explicitly I am looking for something like this (box where the json is inside), highlighting would be great but is not necessary.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-17 um 13.22.41.pngDo you have recommendation of what feature I can you to achieve this?

2 answers

1 vote
Bill Bailey Community Leader Dec 17, 2021

You cant deselect the Show line numbers setting in the code macro?

I dont see where this is possible
Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-20 um 09.43.49.png

Bill Bailey Community Leader Dec 20, 2021

Yeah, I see now a tiny note at the top of the macro page:

This macro was intentionally excluded from the new editor and replaced with the Code Snippet element

So now you are stuck with the version that has far fewer features. Seems the goal of Atlassian to remove as many features as possible for reasons that are not clear (support?)

So your options are to use the legacy editor, if you can (but will also go away), or move to the full-features server/data center version.

Or you need to pay for a commercial plugin that replicates what was once free ;-)

advanced-code-syntax-highlighter 

Hi @Lucas Stocksmeier ,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am aware of some marketplace apps but I think those would have line numbers in it. Unfortunately, I have never seen json view in Confluence with out line numbers.

Hi, thanks a lot for your answer, so you cant think of a way to create something like this in confluence? Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-17 um 15.40.02.png

I feel like there must be something like this, i just can not find it :/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🏠 Say hello to the new Confluence Home!

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is DJ Chung, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Today, I’m excited to share a new and improved version of Home. The new Home helps you ...

987 views 7 42
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you