Disable links to Jira in Confluence page

Kate Hathaway November 1, 2018

I am displaying a status page to Clients on an open Confluence page (permissions for anonymous set to "View Only". 

The status page is based on a filter in Jira - in order for the issue summaries to be visible in Confluence, I need to set the Jira project to "Browse Only" for "anyone". I do not want users to be able to click on the links in the confluence page and go to Jira. Can I disable links in Confluence? Or is there another options for exposing the Jira issues in the open Confluence page? 

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2018

Dear @Kate Hathaway,

what you describe is the concept of the Atlassian tools. As soon as you link things you need the permissions to view at least the summaries. Because links can change when the source was modified.

Probably there is a plugin out there that can do the magic - I don't know ...

But I can give you an idea how to solve your requirement: Create a static confluence page from the Jira filter periodically. Ideally this is automated. Using the REST APIs of both products is probably a good approach.

So long

Thomas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events