Disable deleted comments from being shown in workbox

Martin_Nitschke April 13, 2018

Good day,

is it possible to stop deleted comments from being shown in workbox.

If someone writes a comment on a Confluence Page all subscribers are getting a notification in their workbox on the top right corner of Confluence. If the comment is deleted by the author or somebody authorized, the notification is still displayed in the workbox and doesn´t disappear. 

The problem is that if you are trying to answer on that deleted comment via the workbox, you are getting the error: Unknown error. This can be really confusing.

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2018

Hi Martin,

I found this bug ticket that mentions the Unknown error while trying to reply to a deleted comment from within Workbox:

It suggests at least putting a message that the comment has been deleted.

I've commented privately this thread there but please also follow-up on the bug ticket and vote on it to help show the number of users who have run into the issue.

If you can also provide your Confluence version that will be helpful.

Thank you!

Shannon

Thank you.

I searched a lot for a ticket about it.

Our Confluence Verison is: 6.6.0

But this ticket isn´t really handling the problem that the deleted comment stays displayed in the workbox. Is that a wanted behaviour? Wouldn´t it be better if deleted comments are removed from the workbox?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2018

To be honest, it does look to be expected but it should definitely say something other than "Unknown error".

I would recommend that when you make your comment on the bug, perhaps suggest that another solution would be not to show the comment at all if it's deleted.

Regards,

Shannon

Alright, I´ll do so.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards and a nice weekend

Martin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events