Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Disable Display inline on pasting URL of JIRA

Hi,

When pasting a JIRA ticket URL on the Confluence page, it will be automatically expanding the ticket name and status, instead of showing the URL itself.

It takes a too long time when open a Confluence page that has many such URLs.

I wonder is there a way to suppress that auto-expanding but just paste the URL by default.

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Apr 01, 2022

Hi @Ryota Hashimoto ,

By default when you paste a link to a Jira issue, it will convert to a smart link. Clicking on the link while still in Edit mode will allow you to modify the link:

image.png

"Display inline" is the default option that shows the summary and status. Changing the dropdown to "Display URL" will stop the issue status from being fetched when the page loads and show the bare URL.

Cheers,
Daniel

Daniel, can I set to "Display URL" as my default global setting (say, for JIRA too)?  Thanks.

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Apr 05, 2022

Hi @Rich Handler ,

Currently that's not an option, but we do have a popular Suggestion open for that. You can follow along on the progress of that suggestion here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-21494

Cheers,
Daniel

Like Ryota Hashimoto likes this

Why on earth is this not an option? The amount of extra clicks required for every URL just to display what I actually pasted is absurd.

I have a list of 100+ links that switches to inline and makes it hard to work with. Very inconvenient...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

400 views 2 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you