Differentiating between main confluence link and subsequent related pages

Jennifer Tupaea August 22, 2019

I have an issue in which I have linked user story in Jira (high level requirements) to detailed requirements stored in Confluence. 

The Jira story is also mentioned in other confluence for cross -referencing purposes. 

I want to be able to differentiate between the 'main' link which is to the associated requirements and these other 'Related links'. 

Is there a way to do this in Jira?

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2019

Hello Jennifer!

I am not sure if I understand your question. Let us try and go through it, shall we?

As I understand you have a Jira project and you link it to Confluence pages with more detailed information. Is that correct, Jennifer?

I also believe that you need to differentiate between Jira Stories links and Confluence pages links when you reference those in another Confluence instance.

Is that correct?

What I do not understand is:

1. If this differentiation supposed to take place in Confluence or Jira.
  2. If you are trying to link those issues inside Jira or Confluence
  3. How you need to differentiate those links.
  4. If you are trying to differentiate links from both of your Confluence instances or between a specific Confluence instance and Jira.

Let us hear from you, Jennifer! Looking forward to your reply.

Jennifer Tupaea August 26, 2019

Sorry let me be clearer. 

I have a single Jira story which is linked to multiple confluence pages. 

One confluence page is the 'main page' in which the detailed requirements for this story are held. 

The story is also mentioned in other confluence stories about related requirements. 

I am looking for some way to highlight to the team which is the 'main' page that the developer should be referencing for the detailed requirements vs the others which are more supporting information. 

I want to be able to distinguish between them in Jira. 

Hope that gives a bit more clarity. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events