Deleted user not disappearing in @mention

Shane Burger January 12, 2015

I deleted a user (my original username for the Sys Admin), but they still show up when you start typing the "@mention". How can I wipe them completely out?

Of note - we have JIRA Agile + Confluence. The user is completely deleted in JIRA (no "@mention" available), but not in Confluence.

4 answers

0 votes
Gary
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2015

Hi Shane,

As Jonathan said, it is not possible to delete a user in the cloud environment that has made any contributions.  My initial guess is that this user was probable deactivated, and unfortunately there is a current bug that still allows deactivated users to be @mentioned:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-32702

Cheers,
Gary 

0 votes
Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2015

If a user has content – if there are pages that the user created or even modified – I believe that they cannot be actually deleted from Confluence.  (Note: if the user list is maintained separately, such as via LDAP, then user account deletion does mostly work – I'm talking about when you have user accounts created within Confluence.

0 votes
Shane Burger January 12, 2015

It didn't note it failed. There were no issues associated, as it was when I was first setting up the account.

JIRA and Confluence are connected. The issue only pops up in Confluence. I cannot change the email address, as the user doesn't exist in the admin section anymore for me to change their address.

0 votes
Paul Pasler
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 12, 2015
  • Are you sure the user is deleted? Sometimes deletion fails (issues associated, etc.)
  • Is the JIRA and Confluence connected? Maybe you mention the Confluence User (Try changing the email Adress and see if you get a notification)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events