Deleted user not disappearing in @mention

I deleted a user (my original username for the Sys Admin), but they still show up when you start typing the "@mention". How can I wipe them completely out?

Of note - we have JIRA Agile + Confluence. The user is completely deleted in JIRA (no "@mention" available), but not in Confluence.

4 answers

• Are you sure the user is deleted? Sometimes deletion fails (issues associated, etc.)
  • Is the JIRA and Confluence connected? Maybe you mention the Confluence User (Try changing the email Adress and see if you get a notification)

It didn't note it failed. There were no issues associated, as it was when I was first setting up the account.

JIRA and Confluence are connected. The issue only pops up in Confluence. I cannot change the email address, as the user doesn't exist in the admin section anymore for me to change their address.

If a user has content – if there are pages that the user created or even modified – I believe that they cannot be actually deleted from Confluence.  (Note: if the user list is maintained separately, such as via LDAP, then user account deletion does mostly work – I'm talking about when you have user accounts created within Confluence.

0 vote
Gary Sackett Atlassian Team Jan 12, 2015

Hi Shane,

As Jonathan said, it is not possible to delete a user in the cloud environment that has made any contributions.  My initial guess is that this user was probable deactivated, and unfortunately there is a current bug that still allows deactivated users to be @mentioned:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-32702

Cheers,
Gary 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

862 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you