Default Space Logo

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2012

Is it possible to have a default space logo in Confluence? One that is different from the Global company logo? I know we can change the space logo after it is created but not sure if I am missing an obvious way to set a default space logo!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2012

Hallo Jobin

Confluence doesn't provide a feature for a default space logo, other than the global logo. But here is a suggestion for a workaround.

Create a space on your wiki, with permissions that restrict the viewing of the space to your team only. This will be your "template" space. Put the default logo in that space. Then use the Copy Space plugin to create a new space, based on that template space, every time you want to create a new space.

Here is the Copy Space plugin:

https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/212?versionId=510262

It's not supported by Atlassian, but we use it all the time. :) I just tested it on my local Confluence 4.1.2 instance, and it does copy the space logo too.

There's another advantage of having a template space that you copy each time you need a new space: You can put other default content into it. :)

I hope this helps.

Cheers, Sarah

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 4, 2012

Interesting. Sounds like a workable solution. Thanks Sarah! Is it a piece of the chocolate you are delivering soon? ;)

SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 4, 2012

LOL. Yes, the idea of space templates is in there. Not specifically the logo though. That's a new twist to the tale. :)

0 votes
Andre Pliewischkies April 28, 2014

In the meantime you can configure the logo using the admin console:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Changing+the+Site+Logo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events