Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Decrease "Attachment Maximum Size" does not work

Deleted user Mar 03, 2021

Hi,

I have reduced the size of "Attachment Maximum Size" at 10MB in our confluence cloud, but I can download an attachment larger than my limit (ex; 25MB is attached without error).

However, I have modified "Configuration générale" ->"Attachment Settings".

Thank for your yelp ;-)

Liliane

1 answer

0 votes

The maximum attachment size only stops you uploading large files.  It has no effect on the download of existing files

Deleted user Mar 03, 2021

Hi @Nic Brough _Adaptavist_ Thank you for your anwser.

But, It's not about the existing files. Because after reducing the attachment maximum size in confluence at 10MB, i tryed to download a new 25MB's file . Strangely, it had be downloaded without error message. So i wonder if there is another way to setting "attachment maximum size" in confluence-cloud ?

That was exactly my point, it's not about the downloads.

The attachment size setting is to stop oversized uploads.

I do not understand your problem here.  Could you explain what you expect and what you get?

Like Deleted user likes this
Deleted user Mar 04, 2021

In fact, I want to limit the sizes of the files uploaded in our confluence spaces to 10MB. And today despite my changing the "attachment maximum size" setting, users can still upload larger files > 10MB

Are the people who can upload larger files Confluence administrators? 

If they are not, then you'll need to raise this with Atlassian as something is broken, it should be limiting uploads to 10Mb (for what it's worth, the limit seems to take a couple of minutes to apply on the Cloud install I've just tested with, but it did kick in and stop me uploading a 15Mb file 5 minutes after I changed my limit to 10Mb)

Like Deleted user likes this
Deleted user Mar 04, 2021

Both users who tested were admin confluence. I 'm gone try with a basic account and see. Thks

Deleted user Mar 05, 2021

Today i try with a user who isn't confluence-administrators we have the same result. He can uplaod a 15MB file. ;(

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,779 views 8 32
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you