Date Picker Sorting in a Table or Page Properties Report

Benn Ingersoll June 11, 2014

When using the date picker ("//" shortcut) to enter dates on a page, multiple dates don't sort as I would expect. Instead of putting the dates in chronological order or reverse chronological order, it is sorting them simply by the day. This is when using the dd-mm-yyyy format for dates.

I'm curious if there is a setting to change the date picker to display in yyyy-mm-dd format, or if there are any plans to fix the sorting - no matter the formatting.

Some examples below:

Unsorted table

Sorted Ascending

Sorted Descending

We are running Confluence 5.5.2. Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Suren Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 5, 2014

Hi Benjamin,

We have an existing improvement request for sorting date picker:

We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences. Therefore, I highly recommend you to add yourself as a watcher of the report and vote for its popularity. You may also place a comment explaining your experiences and concerns about this issue to give more meaning to our developer in regard to permanent resolution. For your information, here is the Atlassian policy regarding New Features Implementation.

Regards,

Suren

Benn Ingersoll August 5, 2014

Thanks for following up on this. I'm glad to see it's being tracked as an improvement at least.

0 votes
Suren Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 5, 2014

Hi Benjamin,

Yes, you can watch the updates of this issue on the report. You can close this issue by accepting my answer. ;)

Cheers
Suren

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events