Data Relating to Custom Fields not showing up in Jira Issue Macro in Confluence

Jackie Forgette December 10, 2020

I have some custom fields defined for our Service Desk in Jira:

'3rd Party Reference' of type Text Field (single line)

'Region' of type Labels

In Confluence I have a Jira issues Macro showing those 2 fields as columns.

The values for these 2 columns are empty even though if I go to the service desk, they should have values for Region and 3rd Party Reference for the issues being displayed.

3 answers

1 vote
Garrett Folks August 30, 2021

Same issue here. Added a custom issue field (Paragraph) that does not render when added as a column within the Jira Issue Macro. Displaying as a table FWIW.

Brett Talbot October 24, 2021

@Garrett Folks I have the same problem. The Display options shows the new custom field, which displays as a column in the table in Confluence, but the data values of that column are not showing.

Did you manage to get this working? - thanks Brett

Like Oriyah Barzilay likes this
0 votes
Oriyah Barzilay July 28, 2021

I'm having the same issue. @Jackie Forgette did you figure it out?

@elizabeth_jones the problem is not showing the issues, it's not filing in the columns chosen. Any idea why? Mine is a custom text field.

Izel Cm January 23, 2022

It has been months but I am having the same issue as well...  Did it work for you @Oriyah Barzilay ?  I added a custom field in JIRA and can search for it, but when adding the macro in confluence , I am not able to select that column for the "Display columns" list... I can still filter the issues in search but not Display the Column in Confluence from the Macro...

Like Oriyah Barzilay likes this
Kathy Hart
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2022

I can find the field I want in the display selection, and a column shows up for it in the display, but the field remains blank in the table. 

0 votes
elizabeth_jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2021

Here is the documentation on how that display works and how to edit it.

It sounds as if you'll want to write a jql query to display those custom fields of your choosing. See this section: 

Displaying issues via a Jira Query Language (JQL) search

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events