Daily backup fails

Jérôme BARBIER
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 20, 2017

Hello Community,

After having migrating database (h2->mysql) , reinstalling Confluence, restoring backup and upgrading to 6.4.0, every thing is green is healthcheck.

I have only one problem, my daily schedules backups fail.

2017-09-20 09:11:26,040 WARN [Caesium-1-2] [activeobjects.confluence.backup.LoggingBackupProgressMonitor] beginBackup Begin Active objects backup, change log level to INFO for com.atlassian.activeobjects.confluence.backup for more detailed logging.
2017-09-20 09:11:26,258 WARN [Caesium-1-2] [activeobjects.confluence.backup.LoggingBackupProgressMonitor] endBackup Completed active objects backup.
2017-09-20 09:11:35,940 ERROR [Caesium-1-2] [confluence.importexport.impl.BackupJob] runJob Error while running the scheduled backup
java.io.IOException: Permission denied
at java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
at java.io.File.createNewFile(File.java:1012)
at com.atlassian.core.util.FileUtils.copyFile(FileUtils.java:461)
at com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.impl.BackupJob.runJob(BackupJob.java:67)
at com.atlassian.confluence.impl.schedule.caesium.JobRunnerWrapper.doRunJob(JobRunnerWrapper.java:114)
at com.atlassian.confluence.impl.schedule.caesium.JobRunnerWrapper.lambda$runJob$0(JobRunnerWrapper.java:90)
at com.atlassian.confluence.impl.vcache.VCacheRequestContextManager.doInRequestContextInternal(VCacheRequestContextManager.java:87)
at com.atlassian.confluence.impl.vcache.VCacheRequestContextManager.doInRequestContext(VCacheRequestContextManager.java:71)
at com.atlassian.confluence.impl.schedule.caesium.JobRunnerWrapper.runJob(JobRunnerWrapper.java:90)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.runJob(JobLauncher.java:153)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.launchAndBuildResponse(JobLauncher.java:118)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.launch(JobLauncher.java:97)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.CaesiumSchedulerService.launchJob(CaesiumSchedulerService.java:443)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.CaesiumSchedulerService.executeLocalJob(CaesiumSchedulerService.java:410)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.CaesiumSchedulerService.executeQueuedJob(CaesiumSchedulerService.java:388)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.CaesiumSchedulerService$1.consume(CaesiumSchedulerService.java:285)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.CaesiumSchedulerService$1.consume(CaesiumSchedulerService.java:282)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.SchedulerQueueWorker.executeJob(SchedulerQueueWorker.java:65)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.SchedulerQueueWorker.executeNextJob(SchedulerQueueWorker.java:59)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.SchedulerQueueWorker.run(SchedulerQueueWorker.java:34)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

It seems to be related to a permission problem and the logs is asking to change  com.atlassian.activeobjects.confluence.backup to INFO, but i don't know in which configuration file i have to set this value.

Somebody could enlight me ?

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Jérôme BARBIER
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 20, 2017

I managed to set the log via the GUI.

The log didn't help me that much.

I tried to set the scheduled backup WITHOUT attachement and it worked.

Then put back the attachement and failed.

I renamed /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence_2/attachments/ver003 and launched a backup (a lot of errors but the backup file was successfully created without the attachments)

Finally renamed the ver003 to original name and the scheduled backup now works...

Strange.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events