Customize 'What's New' Feature Tour in Confluence 3.5

Karen_Mustain October 24, 2011

We are upgrading our instance of Confluence from 3.4.9 to 3.5.13. We love the 'What's New' Feature Tour and want to use if for the Share and Discover and Embed Media and Code topics. However, we want to remove the Better JIRA Integration topic. At this time, we do not use the JIRA application.

Is there anyway to just remove the Better JIRA Integration topic? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks Karen Mustain

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Matt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 24, 2011

Check out our documentation on Configuring the 'What's New' Dialog

Coen Flach April 24, 2012

Hi Matt,

We are currently in the process of changing the what's new links. I followed every step in the "Local Confluence Documentation", i.e. placed the help-paths.properties file in {CONFLUENCE-INSTALLATION}\confluence\WEB-INF\classes, edited the file and restarted Confluence. I followed Bill Martin's advice to leave the prefix empty and enter full URL's for each key. This way we are able to retain all original links, while changing only the help.whats.new.iframe.link key. However, after restaring Confluence, the What's New Tour still points to its original value, as if Confluence does not recognize the discrete help-paths.properties file in {CONFLUENCE-INSTALLATION}\confluence\WEB-INF\classes. Could you please advice on what may have caused this? We are using Confluence 3.5.

Thanks in advance,

Jurriaan van Reijsen

The Courseware Company - Dutch Atlassian Partner

Matt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2012

Hi Jurriaan – I wish I knew how to help! I'd suggest creating a support ticket at http://support.atlassian.com so we can identify the caiuse of the problem.

Coen Flach April 25, 2012

Thanks for the advice, done that!

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2011

It just loads a page in an iframe - currently for me it points to:

http://docs.atlassian.com/confluence/docs-35/whatsnew/iframe

So you could take a copy of that page to your local confluence instance, adjusting links as necessary, then find that link in your installation above and adjust it to point to your modified page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events