Customize 'What's New' Feature Tour in Confluence 3.5

We are upgrading our instance of Confluence from 3.4.9 to 3.5.13. We love the 'What's New' Feature Tour and want to use if for the Share and Discover and Embed Media and Code topics. However, we want to remove the Better JIRA Integration topic. At this time, we do not use the JIRA application.

Is there anyway to just remove the Better JIRA Integration topic? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks Karen Mustain

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi Matt,

We are currently in the process of changing the what's new links. I followed every step in the "Local Confluence Documentation", i.e. placed the help-paths.properties file in {CONFLUENCE-INSTALLATION}\confluence\WEB-INF\classes, edited the file and restarted Confluence. I followed Bill Martin's advice to leave the prefix empty and enter full URL's for each key. This way we are able to retain all original links, while changing only the help.whats.new.iframe.link key. However, after restaring Confluence, the What's New Tour still points to its original value, as if Confluence does not recognize the discrete help-paths.properties file in {CONFLUENCE-INSTALLATION}\confluence\WEB-INF\classes. Could you please advice on what may have caused this? We are using Confluence 3.5.

Thanks in advance,

Jurriaan van Reijsen

The Courseware Company - Dutch Atlassian Partner

Hi Jurriaan – I wish I knew how to help! I'd suggest creating a support ticket at http://support.atlassian.com so we can identify the caiuse of the problem.

Thanks for the advice, done that!

0 vote

It just loads a page in an iframe - currently for me it points to:

http://docs.atlassian.com/confluence/docs-35/whatsnew/iframe

So you could take a copy of that page to your local confluence instance, adjusting links as necessary, then find that link in your installation above and adjust it to point to your modified page.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Confluence

What are the resources that you use to learn more about Atlassian Products?

I am gathering information about resources available for Atlassian product knowledge transferring for a presentation in our local Atlassian User Group. I want to group them in four categories From ...

141 views 4 6
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you