It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Customize 'What's New' Feature Tour in Confluence 3.5

Karen Mustain Community Leader Oct 24, 2011

We are upgrading our instance of Confluence from 3.4.9 to 3.5.13. We love the 'What's New' Feature Tour and want to use if for the Share and Discover and Embed Media and Code topics. However, we want to remove the Better JIRA Integration topic. At this time, we do not use the JIRA application.

Is there anyway to just remove the Better JIRA Integration topic? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks Karen Mustain

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Check out our documentation on Configuring the 'What's New' Dialog

Coen Flach Apr 24, 2012

Hi Matt,

We are currently in the process of changing the what's new links. I followed every step in the "Local Confluence Documentation", i.e. placed the help-paths.properties file in {CONFLUENCE-INSTALLATION}\confluence\WEB-INF\classes, edited the file and restarted Confluence. I followed Bill Martin's advice to leave the prefix empty and enter full URL's for each key. This way we are able to retain all original links, while changing only the help.whats.new.iframe.link key. However, after restaring Confluence, the What's New Tour still points to its original value, as if Confluence does not recognize the discrete help-paths.properties file in {CONFLUENCE-INSTALLATION}\confluence\WEB-INF\classes. Could you please advice on what may have caused this? We are using Confluence 3.5.

Thanks in advance,

Jurriaan van Reijsen

The Courseware Company - Dutch Atlassian Partner

Hi Jurriaan – I wish I knew how to help! I'd suggest creating a support ticket at http://support.atlassian.com so we can identify the caiuse of the problem.

Coen Flach Apr 25, 2012

Thanks for the advice, done that!

0 votes
JamieA Oct 24, 2011

It just loads a page in an iframe - currently for me it points to:

http://docs.atlassian.com/confluence/docs-35/whatsnew/iframe

So you could take a copy of that page to your local confluence instance, adjusting links as necessary, then find that link in your installation above and adjust it to point to your modified page.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

6 Awesome Ways to Apply Trello, JIRA and Confluence to your Project

I attended  Atlassian Summit 2019  and learned a lot from the presenters, attendees and knowledgeable Atlassian product managers. The presentations I attended focused on applying Agile, pla...

2,528 views 11 28
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you