Customers wtth no access to confluence gain systematic access

Houcem Eddine Ben Kraiem January 13, 2021

Hello,
I created an organization, I added a customer to it.
He has no access to confluence and so not part of defalt confluence users group.

Once the customer connected to Jira SM , and switching to Confluence he gain access to the  product and becomes part of the defalt confluence users group. 
in the admin users management section I can see the confluence product tagged and group added without my permission.

So strange behaviour, I didnt face with free version (pilot phase)

How did customers gain systematically access to Confluence with Add/delete rights ?
Aren't they supposed to just view contect only as anonymous users in this case ?

Regards,

Houcem

image.pngimage.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2021

Good afternoon @Houcem Eddine Ben Kraiem , 

you should check your product access settings (to which groups and products new users get access by default) using this documentation
I guess you have added the confluence-users group as a default group, which gives access to Confluence. 

Let me know if this is not the case! 

- Tessa

Houcem Eddine Ben Kraiem January 14, 2021

Hi,
thanks for your answer.Yes the confluence-users group was a default group and the option allow new users have access to the product was checked ON.

By solving this, the customer who has no access to Confluence (but technically have an account but with no license ) , can he log to confluence anonymously ? 

By the way my 2nd question is due to I can't find the section Unlicensed Access 
under Confluence >Settings> Global permisssions >Unlicensed Access 
Which allow any active user including those who don't have confluence licence to view spaces ......

image.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events