Custom Template with automatically generated headline

Sandra Steinert
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 15, 2021

Hello all,

i am more or less new to conlufence and not really familiar with all its settings.

I am (only) a space administrator and created a  template for a special meeting. So this is a custom template and not the already existing one, because we want to keep this standard template.

Anyway, for the custom template i want a special title which is automatically generated when creating a page and using this template.

It should contain the date when creating the page and a text which should remain unchanged.

For example "2021-12-15 Jour Fix"

At the moment when creating a new page based on that template i always have to write down the title myself, while in the standard template it will automatically generate the headline.

How can i manage to get this headline automatically?

Hope my question is understandable.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2021

@Sandra Steinert welcome to Confluence!

What you need to use are variables. A variable is an embedded function that will populate pre-defined data into your template based on when the template is generated for a page.

Bob Swift has a great collection of pre-defined variables that you can look at to determine which you may need to accomplish your goal.

Pre-defined variables 

Here is a good article on how to create templates and insert variables.

Sandra Steinert
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 15, 2021

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your response!

I tried that but it will only insert the date below my headline, not in the headline itself.

When i open my template i will not even see the line where the headline will be.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events