Creating "Real" Page Hierarchies

Dalin Seivewright
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 22, 2012

I would like to use Confluence for Class documentation. Each "root" page within a Space will correspond to a given C++ Class (or any other language for that matter). Child pages of each parent page correspond to a function name or some other aspect of that class.

It appears Confluence only supports a flat page structure by default so all Child pages are actually being served from the root of the Space it resides in:

MySpace > MyClass links to "myspace/myclass" but MySpace > MyClass > MyFunction links to "myspace/myfunction" instead of "myspace/myclass/myfunction"

This means that if I have two classes with the same function name, only one page with that function name can exist.

Is there any way to change this behavior?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Peterson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2012

The short answer is, it can't be done. The long answer is here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-2524

It's a long-standing request that doesn't look like it will get implemented by Atlassian any time soon.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events