Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Master Status Board from specific information from multiple child pages

MIchael Maziarz January 13, 2022

I would like to make child pages with Status data and documentation on each page.  That is the easy part.   Next, I want to create a master dashboard on the parent page only indicating the color status of the overall categories being monitored.   I have eleven different pages that need to bubble up to a master.  I will also create a link down to that page to get further details.  Is there an app out there that I can use to do this quickly?  Or can it be done at all?   If the status color changes on the child, I want it to reflect on the master. 

3 answers

4 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2022

Hi @MIchael Maziarz ,

The standard macros to accomplish your goal are indeed the Page Properties/Page Properties Report macros mentioned by @Pramodh M.

If your data (text, dates, statuses, etc.) is updated in the mini-table that you collect with the help of the Page Properties macro, then the same changes are reflected on the master page via the Page Properties Report macro. The Page Title column on the master page will lead you to the corresponding page with the source mini-table.

But there is a limitation: the Page Properties/Page Properties Report macros allow you to collect only one-row tables. To overcome this difficulty, you'll need additional apps.

Our own app that is Table Filter and Charts for Confluence is used mostly for filtration, aggregation, visualization and tabular calculations, but it also provides the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros that allow you to collect multiple-row tables and get much more useful source page meta data.

0 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2022

Hi there,

As this question mentions our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app, we are happy to introduce its new macro – Table Spreadsheet.

The new macro allows you to work with fully functional Excel spreadsheets right in Confluence.

You’ll be able to use cells’ formulas, filters, conditional formatting, etc., create pivot tables and charts from the page view and edit mode.

The Table Spreadsheet macro is available for Cloud and Server/Data Center.

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2022

Hi @MIchael Maziarz 

You could use page properties macro to have all the status of child pages on the parent page and excerpt macro in case you need to show some content from child macro to parent page

Here's the reference for page properties macro

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-the-page-properties-macro/

Thanks,
Pramodh

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events