Creating Horizontal Navigational Item

bsigmund January 19, 2023

When we had the Confluence Server you'd insert an SP Navigational Item and it'd give you a box to insert the information into that you wanted to appear in that section (similar to what the SP Horizontal nav group macro looks like. But now the macro just looks like this:

2023-01-19_06-45-13.jpg

And when I go into publish mode i can't see the nav group or the item. How do I insert a nav group and nav item in Cloud and add my content inside?

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2023

HI @bsigmund welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Were you using a third-party app in Confluence Server for this breakdown?

If yes, what is the name of the app?

If no, did you manage to achieve this simply with the Section Macro?

bsigmund January 19, 2023

I don't believe so and I have still have access to it if I just copy and paste from the old docs. But if the macro still exists in Cloud shouldnt it display the same as the Server? The nav group looks the same its just the item that doesnt have a space for content.

It used to look like this in edit mode:

2021-11-03_14-29-06.png

Notice the item itself has the open box and I'm able to include the Multiexcerpt inside. These items are all inside the entire nav group. then across the top it looks like this:

image2021-11-3_14-28-28.png

Like i said it will work if i copy and past the UI tabs that have a status of "Migrated from server" but it doesnt explain why I can still insert the Macro new without being able to make it function.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events