Create page wizard blank / rest error

Yan Kravchenko September 4, 2018

When I try to create a page from a list of available templates instead of the default blank by clicking on the "..." button, the window that appears is always blank and has a spin wheel that never stops.

MVP Phase II - Assessment Setup - TrueRisq - Truonix Doc 2018-09-04 11-25-11.png

When I look at the logs, I catch the following error / message:

2018-09-04 16:16:02,832 WARN [http-nio-8090-exec-9] [confluence.impl.hibernate.ConfluenceHibernateTransactionManager] doRollback Performing rollback. Transactions:
->[PluginReadWriteTx]: PROPAGATION_REQUIRED,ISOLATION_DEFAULT (Session #1687516122)
-- referer: https://doc.truonix.io/display/TRQ/MVP+Phase+II+-+Assessment+Setup | url: /rest/create-dialog/1.0/blueprints/web-items | traceId: 5a0aa0d21abd8427 | userName: yanfosec

I cleared out cached plugins and rebooted the server (https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-clear-confluence-plugins-cache-297664846.html)

When I manually run the REST query, I get the following error:

{"errorCode":400,"errorType":"PARAMETER:MISSING","errorData":"spaceKey","errorMessage":"Missing 'spaceKey' parameter"}

Please, let me know what else I can try to fix this issue.

Yan

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2018

Hi Yan!
Looking at the excerpt, it seems you may have problems with one of your Blueprints.
You can try a few things, one of them is trying safe mode:

1 Click Cog Icon>Add-ons
2 Scroll to the bottom of the page
3 Click Enter safe mode
4 Try creating content
5 Check if the issue is still present

You can also try to restore the blueprints to default
- How to restore Confluence global template and blueprint to Default

Further, you can try this:

1 Shutdown Confluence
    * Make sure that the process is not running
    * You can check that with ps -aux | grep confluence in linux and via the Process manager in Windows
2 Go to <confluence-home>
3 Remove the following folders:
    * <confluence-home>/bundled-plugins
    * <confluence-home>/plugins-cache
    * <confluence-home>/plugins-osgi-cache
    * <confluence-home>/plugins-temp
    * <confluence-home>/bundled-plugins_language
    * <confluence-home>/index
    * <confluence-home>/journal
4 Start Confluence
5 Click *Cog Icon>General Configuration*
6 Search for *Content Indexing* in the left menu bar
7 Click the *Rebuild* button
8 Check if the issue is present

Let us know if this helps your case!

Yan Kravchenko September 5, 2018

OK, I narrowed the problem to draw.io plugin.  Disabling associated blueprints didn't solve the issue and I can't disable the plugin as a long-term solution.

I sent the issue to draw.io support but was wondering if there is anything else I can do to bypass this issue without disabling the plugin.

Thank you,

Yan

Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2018

Hello Yan!

Good to hear that you were able to pinpoint the culprit! Well, if you did not try to perform the procedure I described earlier, you could. This procedure should clear your plugin caches and also re-index from scratch.

If this does not solve, you can also try to update the plugin (if updates are available).

Looking forward to your findings with Draw.io team!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events