Create a Link to access to a macro

Hello,

I woul like to creat a link opening directly the pop up parameters of a defined macro, without having to click « insert macro » and after searching the macro in the macro browser.

I would like in one click to have access to the parmaters of the macro, is it possible and how ?

2 answers

Hallo Gabi

It depends which version of Confluence you are using. If you are using Confluence 3.5 (or Confluence 4.0, now in beta release) in the rich text editor, you can use the macro "autocomplete" functionality. It's much quicker and less annoying than using the mouse to open the macro browser.

To use autocomplete, just start typing the curly bracket and the beginning of the macro name. A dropdown menu will appear, offering some suggestions. The suggestions will change to match your typing. As soon as you see the macro you want, select it with arrow keys or mouse. That will open the macro dialogue with the parameters.

I hope that answers the question. :)

Cheers

Sarah

Hello Sarah,

I'm using the version 3.5 (and testing the 4.0 beta) of Confluence.

You are rignt the auto complete macro work, but the goal was to provide a direct link for one macro, in a model of page, with scaffolding, to be sure all the users will be able to use the same macro at the same place for a kind of pages.

Is their an other way to have this result ?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,691 views 25 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you