Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Create a Jira Story under an Epic

Elise I'm New Here May 20, 2022

I want to create all my epics and stories from Confluence.

When I open the Jira Macro, I can select a Project Name and what I want to create: an Epic, a Story, a Task. 

I need to link my stories to the Epic but I can't see a way to select my Epic. I can only select a Project space.

I don't want to have to go to Jira.

I want to manage everything from one place: Confluence. 

How can I create my stories within Confluence and select the Epic in addition of the Project space? 

Create Jira Epic, Story, Tasks.PNG

1 answer

Hi @Elise Amariat  Welcome to Atlassian Community!

You can make JIRA fields visible on Confluence jira macro by making them Mandatory in JIRA but not all the fields are compatible with in JIRA macro. 

Unfortunately Epic Link  field doesn't visible on JIRA macro even after making them mandatory. You have to go back to JIRA to add Epic link. 

Issue via Confluence.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence: Where work and wellness meet

Feeling overwhelmed by the demands of work and life? With a 25% increase in the prevalence of anxiety and depression worldwide during the pandemic, for most of us, it’s a resounding yes . 🙋‍♀️ ...

1,040 views 18 28
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you