Copy page (and child pages) to another space

Maximiliano Villagra June 15, 2018

I have 2 spaces.

Space A: Contains many pages and documents

Space B: Site with a couple of pages

I need to be able to copy some of the content from Space A to Space B. I tried going to Space A -> Space Tools -> Content Tool -> Export -> to html. I pick and choose what I need to get.

Then I go into Space B -> Space Tools -> Content Tool -> Import but then it ask me for a folder. I set the folder on the server where the zip file is, and then it only creates one html page with all ascii code on it.

Then I tried unzipping the file into a different folder but still nothing gets imported.

Why something so simple feels so complex? Can somebody provide some help on how to get this done?

Thanks,

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Maximiliano Villagra June 18, 2018

Ok, I end up using the Copy option on each of the pages (with children) to be able to copy the data from one space to another.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2018

@Jonathan Smith, why pay when confluence has the capability to do so for free.

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2018

These add-ons can potentially save you time if this is a routine process. Wouldn't hurt downloading the free trial and seeing if paid solutions are worth it.

0 votes
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 15, 2018

If you have any budget, I would suggest looking into Copy Page Hierarchy or Copy Page Tree. I use one to copy template spaces for new space creation.

The add-ons range from 250-350USD.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 15, 2018
Maximiliano Villagra June 15, 2018

So the link talks about import a space into the cloud version.

I just want to copy data from one space to another. I am trying to use the export/import. Is this the correct way of doing it or is there another way of achieving this?

Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 15, 2018

Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 12.12.58 PM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events