Copy Page Tree function doesn't appear to be working

Daniel Céspedes May 10, 2018

I am experiencing 2 problems:

1.  I am trying to copying a page along with all of the attachments and child pages into a new space - however, the Copy Page Tree function doesn't appear to be working.  When I try this, initially it tells me that it is running in the background - but then if I refresh the message page, it tells me that an error occurred and it could not be accomplished.

2. The page that I am trying to copy has a lot of embedded links.  Once I am able to copy this page into the new space, is there an easy way to update the embedded links to point to the new space instead of the original?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2018

Hi Daniel,

I added some links on Space A to pages on space B, then copied the space B page tree to Space C and the links on Space A pointed automatically to the same pages on the new space. If I understand your second question properly, that demonstrates that the links won't break when you move the destination pages.

I am not sure why the page copy functionality is failing. Do you know if you are using the Copy Page Tree add-on? When I copied the pages I just used the copy function on the page and checked the child pages option. Did your dialogue box look like this?

Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 10.58.25 AM.png

Once we know whether you are using the native functionality or a plugin we will have a better idea how to approach the issue of the pages failing to copy.

Thanks,

Ann

Daniel Céspedes May 10, 2018

Ann, thanks a lot for your quick answer. I will test it an will let you know the results.

Thanks

Regards

1 vote
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2018

@Daniel Céspedes

For #2, I have requested an enhancement from Copy page tree and Copy page hierarchy to update macros' space key to the new space instead of the source.

After some updates from Copy page hierarchy (very easy vendor to work with), some macros updated to the new space key while others did not:

Space key changed:

• "Recently Updated"
  • Completed tasks "task report" in expand macro (from meeting minutes blueprint)
  • "Content report table" (from meeting minutes blueprint)
  • "Include Page"

Still points to source:

• "Task report" pointed to specific pages
  • Content report table (from file list's blueprint)
  • Meeting notes "Task report" (from meeting minutes blueprint)

Note: Never got a response from Copy page tree vendor.

Couple suggestions:

• Look into building a blue print if this is a space you copy a lot.
  • Check out the vendor's above to see if their product works for you.
  • If not an add-on issue, continue troubleshooting like you are now :)
0 votes
Daniel Céspedes May 14, 2018

@All, I tried to do the process again and now it is working. I was not using any plugin to do the copy page tree. The links did not break when I moved the destination pages.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events