Convert blank page to product requirements page

Rachel Neal April 12, 2018

I purposefully created an undefined link on a product requirements page to another set of requirements I need to build.   It auto-created a blank page.  Can I change the auto-created blank page from the undefined link to a product requirements page?   That way I don't have to relink?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2018

Once a page is created, a template cannot be applied to it afterward. To avoid re-linking, please consider deleting the blank page and creating a new page using the product requirements template, giving it the same name and location as the previously blank page.

Another option would be to create your product requirements page using the template, and then copy/paste the contents to the blank page.

Rachel Neal April 12, 2018

Thanks.  To be clear then, the link is to location so as long as I put it in the same location (same name) then the links will remain?

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2018

Yes, I just tested to make sure:

1. Published a page called "link to blank page"  containing a link to a non existent page, "Desired page title"
  2. Clicked the link, published a blank page titled "Desired page title"
  3. Deleted the page titled "Desired page title"
  4. Created a new page called "Desired page title" in the same location
  5. Clicked the link on the page called "link to blank page"
  6. It led me to my new "Desired page title" page.
Rachel Neal April 16, 2018

Thank you.   Worked like a champ

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events