Convert Confluence page html source to basic html

German Biberstein
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 12, 2019

I would like to know if it is possible to convert Confluence page to basic html that doesn’t include advanced styling (that usually created by macros).

Our goal is to present help information pop-up in Java GUI which can only support very basic html code (text, headings, bullets, numbering…)

I'm guessing that if more advanced features exist such as conversion to PDF/Word, then conversion to simple html with text and tables is not a big complication.

Regards,

German

2 answers

0 votes
German Biberstein
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 13, 2019

Thank you Alex!
I was actually using Python REST API to read page content but I used expand=body.storage.
I wasn't aware of the alternative formats.
When I changed to expand=body.view I got simple style-less html code.

Btw, what is the difference between the formats:
view, export_view and editor ?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2019

I don't know for sure, but from my experience as app developer I know that "view" is a rendered output, and editor is the one with placeholders

Never used an "export_view" mode

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2019

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events